Monday 2 October 2017

keeping on

My father is ill in hospital.  But in between the hospital visits life goes on, because after all what else do you do?  And so today I took another five bags of long grass from the bottom lawn to the dump without incurring the ire or suspicion of the staff, then bagged up the slightly twiggy but usable-as-mulch compost from the end bin to make room for the bags of shreddings and small twigs from the Eleagnus hedge.  As easy wins in gardening went, reducing the quantity of large white plastic sacks lying around the front garden was a very quick way of making the place look tidier, and besides, the Systems Administrator had run out of bags to put more shreddings in.  I cut some more off the top of the hedge, but then it got too windy to feel safe standing up on the Henchman, and anyway the hedge was waving around too much for me to see the line of it.  At teatime my bulbs order from Peter Nyssen arrived and they had remembered to put in the extra daffodils that I ordered at the last minute.  So it was a normal sort of day, except that it wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment