Thursday 7 December 2017

sinus trouble

I spent today closeted in front of the fire with Mr Cool, who hates rain.  My face hurts, my nose keeps running, and I have a headache.  It was a waste of a wet and windy day, when I could have been getting to grips with the garden club accounts or measuring up for new bedroom curtains or any number of useful things, but I couldn't summon the enthusiasm.  Something is amiss with my sinuses and mucous membranes, but I daresay it will sort itself out given rest, warmth, regular hot drinks, and a dollop of ibuprofen.  Alas.  Looking on the bright side, I made it through the recent rush of social events, and my diary now goes from feast to famine and has nothing in it until the Art Society lecture next Thursday, which could carry on perfectly well without me, so I can go on sitting in front of the fire until I feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment